Thursday, December 01, 2005

#6 - Still waiting, and preparing


I spoke with the recruiter yesterday. Still waiting for the paperwork to process, and it looks like I won't make it to the MEPS until next week. I'd love to know what's going on, but in the meantime, I have plenty of time to prepare.

Some people don' t do much to get in shape for basic training. I think those are usually the people who are already in shape. I'd like to think I'm a reasonably active person (as my job has required of me), but I still have a long way to go.

This has been the workout routine thus far: running/walking on days alternating with a cardio/weightlifting routine. I've been augmenting this with pushups and pullups done throughout the day. My progress is thus far slow, but I've been trying to do this properly. My muscles are already pretty sore, so I must be doing something right...

No comments: