Saturday, December 24, 2005

#26 - Coffee


 Posted by Picasa

It's been a few days since I gave up coffee. I was going to do it closer to my ship date, but my husband talked me into giving it up much earlier. The caffeine withdrawal headaches are a bear.

Amazingly I'm still getting up relatively early in the morning (4:30-6:00am) even without my beloved mug of joe waiting. The difficult part is that I still go through the motions of making coffee for my husband even though I can't have any. The sounds of the coffee pot brewing and aroma wafting through the kitchen... I didn't realize how much I would miss it! I've been told that instant coffee comes with some MREs (Meals Ready to Eat). Some folks will just chew on the grounds like tobacco. I think I'll pass on that..lol. I am hoping that I will be able to have coffee again in AIT. Otherwise it may be difficult to stay alert through all those classes...

In other news, I'm slowly improving with my running. I jogged for 30 minutes today, my longest time yet. I was starting to tire and my legs were feeling a little heavy towards the end... But it still felt pretty good.Posted by Picasa

No comments: