Tuesday, December 27, 2005

#29 - Odds and ends


 Posted by Picasa

Ahh...caffeine in its many forms. Soda, chocolate, coffee. I finally got rid of the caffeine withdrawal headaches. I could have waited until closer to my ship date to have given up all things caffeine-laden, but it's probably best that it's out of the way.

There are a million little tasks that have to be taken care of before I leave. Things like leaving my husband account names and passwords for my website and multiple e-mail accounts, the number for checking voicemail on my cell phone, putting away personal things of mine he won't need for the next 6 months... I put plastic drycleaning bags over my clothes in the closet lest they be covered in dust, for example. Wow. I'm going to be gone for awhile. I suppose this isn't bad, though, compared to what the military personnel who must deploy overseas for 12 months or longer must go through. It would be really strange to know you weren't going to see your home for that long.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

I'm currently applying for OCS as a College Op. Hopefully you'll be able to mail home some of your journals for your husband or someone else to post so that we can follow along on your experience! Good luck :)