Sunday, December 18, 2005

#20 - One month to go


The clock is ticking... one month to go before I leave for Fort Jackson.

Thankfully I am home right now, and have time to take care of things, even little stuff like cleaning the house before I go. I am making a concerted effort to spend more quality time with my husband. For example, I made a reservation for dinner this evening at a somewhat swanky/expensive restaurant. We've been talking about going there for months but somehow never got around to it. Now seemed like a good time. There are probably a lot of activities I can squeeze into the next month. It's amazing how much you suddenly cherish the time you do have once you know it is finite.

One of my concerns about leaving for basic training is the realization that I will not have internet access for at least 9 weeks (yikes!). I was terrified at letting my website go for that long and worried about what I would find there when I logged on again. I posted a message asking for volunteer moderators and received replies from three people who are willing to look after the site (all great people, too). This is such a relief, and one less thing I'll have to worry about.

No comments: