Thursday, December 22, 2005

#25 - Fitness update


I need to be able to run longer than 12 minutes at basic, so I'm upping my run at each session. This morning I jogged 20 minutes, walked for a minute, than jogged another 10. I've been jogging to the pace established by the military running cadences on my Ipod. Unfortunately right now I've been stuck at home, since one of our vehicles is in the shop, limiting my transportation options. We actually have other vehicles too, but they are currently blocked in the garage by another non-running truck...oh well. I can't make it to the track, and I don't want to run on the street (besides, our road is narrow, and the piled up snow and ice on the shoulders has made any pedestrian traffic more treacherous than usual). So, I run around the inside of my house like a dork. Sometimes the cat thinks I am playing and chases me. ;> I do use our treadmill as well, but I find I'm getting a better workout with my feet actually hitting the ground.

I would like to get to the track soon and see how fast I am doing on the 1 mile run at my current pace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that this post was quite humorous. I certainly got a kick out of it!