Friday, December 16, 2005

#18 - When should I tell?


The fact that I haven't told everyone that I joined the Army Reserve is starting to wear upon me. I'm really nervous about being to hack it physically, and didn't want to tell anyone until I had graduated basic training, just in case there was a problem! I haven't decided yet what I am going to do. Maybe I will write to everyone at some point during basic to tell them, after I see that things are going well. Maybe I'll just send a postcard with a link to this blog...lol! At least then everyone would get a chance to read through everything I've went through leading up to basic.

To be honest, part of the reason I haven't told everyone about my plans is that I know some folks will try to talk me out of it. I'm nervous enough about having to deal with basic, and can't deal with any negativity right now. There are a number of reasons (some listed in an earlier post on this blog) that I enlisted... but there's also another factor that I can't quite explain. I don't know why, but I feel that this is just something I have to do.

No comments: