Saturday, December 17, 2005

#19 - More preparations

Just doing what I can to prepare for what's coming in another month... My recruiter is supposed to set me up with an AKO account so I can access content on futuresoldiers.com. We were supposed to have a DEP (Delayed Entry Program) meeting tonight but it was cancelled. There is to be another one next week, so I get to do PT for the first time with all the young 'uns. This should be interesting.

I'm still assembling items on the packing list for basic. I am troubled by the fact that I may have many of my items taken away during shakedown in Reception, even items that are on the list. I've read that some basic training locations require women to purchase specific types of sports bras, underwear and socks at their PX (Post Exchange) or Shoppette (kind of a small store for recruits). I will be pissed if I've already spent a lot of money buying all this stuff and any of it is locked away for BCT.

Yesterday I purchased several pair of underwear from Victoria's Secret. I'm hoping that no one is going to make a fuss over the subdued logo on the waistband. They are, after all, white/neutral color "granny" type panties, nothing fancy or frilly... just happen to come from Victoria's Secret, which makes some quality underwear. We'll see if they are taken away from me.

I also had to order a pair of black flip-flops/shower shoes from oldnavy.com. Couldn't find them anywhere else! The flip-flops were 99 cents, and shipping $5, so I asked my husband to buy something else to justify the cost. Two pair of pants later, we probably ended up with at least a $45-50 order for those damn shower shoes. They have an Old Navy logo inside that I will have to black out with a Sharpie, lest my shower shoes stand out from everyone elses (Note: I later had to ditch these at Reception. The DSs forced us to buy everything new there, even if we already possessed the requisite items).

No comments: