Wednesday, December 14, 2005

#16 - Fears


I think the full reality of my enlistment hit me like a truck last night.

I thought about how much I was going to miss being away from my husband, and had a moment of "What the hell have I done?!" I sobbed like a little girl.

After I had myself a good cry, I was able to calm down. Of course I will be able to get through this. No matter how I justify it, not seeing my husband for 9 weeks is going to suck. But, I will see him at graduation. And he is going to visit me several times at AIT (he'll probably blow through most of his vacation time doing so).

I've already started assembling the items I'm bringing to basic. This will include at least 30 prestamped envelopes (I'll have my husband send me more as needed). He will certainly have a letter to read every single day, even if I have to write under the bed covers with a flashlight (or sitting on the throne in the latrine, like I did before).

I know that I will certainly be kept very busy there, and probably in a perpetual state of sleep deprivation. Perhaps that will make being away from my husband easier to take...

No comments: