Friday, March 31, 2006

#127 - Graduation Day















I am the second person on the left of the first row (behind the flag) in this photo

















This is my first post in 2 1/2 months. I am accessing the internet from a laptop in a hotel room off post...

It is over! Today was graduation day. It was a warm and sunny morning at Fort Jackson. The graduation ceremony went off without a hitch (though standing at parade rest and attention for over an hour was rather unpleasant). I will be reporting to the location of my AIT tomorrow before noon. Until then I am spending some quality time with my husband, eating good food (and chocolate!), listening to music, and relaxing. I'm not sure when I will be able to have internet access at AIT, but I will update this blog as soon as I am able to...

1 comment:

Mackenzie Reiss said...

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this blog! I'm a junior in college, and thinking about enlisting to join a combat camera unit post-graduation. You've given me a lot to think about in terms of prepareation; both mentally and physically! This is by far one of the most honest accounts of BCT that I've read, and probably the best one out there for women-And very well written, to boot! Congrats on making it through! :-)

~Mackenzie