Tuesday, March 14, 2006

#112 - Red Phase in Blue Phase continues

Today is the 49th day of BCT, and the 57th day I've been at Fort Jackson... wow.

I am once again serving on a weapons guard detail while the rest of the company gathers downstairs for the nightly "hydration formation".

We are still in Red Phase with the banners furled. Rumor has it that we may progress to Blue Phase if people do well on the PT test tomorrow morning. I certainly hope that this is the case, as it would be nice to be able to call my husband and family before we leave for Victory Forge (aka Blue STX). We are marching out on Saturday, March 18th, and I believe we're coming back to the company on Friday, March 24th. From the 25th to family day on the 30th, we will have 1 or 2 inspections, marching, practice for graduation, the cleaning and returning of equipment, as well as outprocessing. I'm not sure what else we are doing for the rest of this week. We have an upcoming inspection, during which we will don our Class As, and more MOUT training, as well as prep for Victory Forge. I'm not very intimidate by the upcoming ten mile road march. The one we did last week was somewhere around 8 miles, and this time we will not be wearing the IBA. We will be marching in the morning, and one the way back from Victory Forge, we will be covering a shorter route (6 or 7 miles) at night. I'm not sure who will be my battle buddy yet for Victory Forge.

No comments: