Wednesday, March 15, 2006

#113 - PT test

I am currently writing from my "office" in relative quiet (one of the bathroom stalls). We just returned from chow, and earlier finished the PT test. I am happy to report that I passed everything, and am good to go! I did fewer situps than last time, but more pushups, and chopped 10 seconds off my run time. The run sucked (as usual), but I tried to push myself, and just kept thinking of my husband the entire time. Any time I wanted to stop, I reminded myself that I needed to do this so I could graduate and see him. Anyway, I'm glad that this is over, and the pressure is off.

There were a number of people in my platoon who did not pass their PT test, including White, Bucking, and Newman. I feel for them. They will try again on Friday, and if they still can't pass, they will be tested every day or two between now and graduation. No one wants to be a holdover here for failing a PT test.

Have to run - we are conducting barracks maintenance and MOUT training.

...

It is 7:00pm, and I am very tired. We practiced for the upcoming firing from a moving vehicle exercise, aka the convoy live fire. One of the Drill Sergeants decided to smoke the entire company because a few people were talking when they weren't supposed to be. It was very unpleasant. There was a giant sand pit about 100-150m long, and we had to high crawl through it, then crawl on our backs across it, and back again doing the low crawl. Sand was everywhere, including the inside of my ears.

No comments: