Saturday, February 25, 2006

#95 - MOUT training

It is after chow, and I have a few minutes to write. I had to accompany Bucking to the payphones so she could call home about a bank issue. Since I was at the phones, I tried to call my husband, but only got his voicemail. I have been to the phones several times with someone else, but this is the first time I have placed a phone call without permission. I am such a rebel... ;p

Another week in BCT has come and gone. This morning one of the Drill Sergeants was going through a list of tasks that we still need to complete, and it made it sound like graduation wasn't very far off.

Today it rained, and it is still raining. We learned about tactics and MOUT training (I believe it stands for military operations in urban terrain). We learned to clear a room with a "stack" of people like the troops do in Iraq. Then we simulated what would happen when soldiers had to cross through a group of hostile protesters. I got to play the part of one of the protesters. I channeled my best version of a angry local, wailing and beating her chest. It sounds funny, but this type of training is important, as many soldiers will encounter these type of situations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Earlier today I accompanied Bucking to get chewed out by one of the Drill Sergeants. Someone in the barracks tattled on her for wearing makeup (!), so she had to turn in a contraband eyebrow pencil. As punishment of sorts, Bucking had to be the demonstrator in class when the DSs were teaching us how to apply camo face paint. Bucking looked like she was going to cry.

No comments: