Wednesday, February 22, 2006

#90 - Free time?

I am currently engaging in a foot-soaking regime, and have time to write again today...

Once in awhile, the Drill Sergeants will cut us loose a little bit early for the night. This free time is precious. There is always something to do - whether it is organizing your locker, cleaning the barracks, preparing your laundry to wash or send out, or adjusting your equipment. I try to keep my locker squared away, as it makes it easier to find things as I need them, plus I'll have a head start on getting ready for the next inspection. Many of the girls in the barracks do not keep their lockers organized. I don't know how they can function! My battle buddy's locker has so much stuff thrown in haphazardly that when she opens the door, a waterfall of debris often falls onto the floor every which way. I don't think I could live like that. Many folks have to extract half the contents of their locker every time they need to locate a requisite item.

One of the females in the barracks is currently spouting off in the hallway about wanting to beat up someone who tattled on her to the Drill Sergeant. The drama here really never ends.

I came back to the barracks early from sick call, and had the unsettling opportunity to watch my platoon being smoked outside from the window. Apparently there was some big blow up over people talking in formation, and the Platoon Guide had ratted out the offenders to the Drill Sergeant. There is an element now who hates our PG. I'm happy that I no longer hold the position and have to deal with such crap. A lot of the members of my platoon are at each other's throats (worse than ever), and the platoon has still failed to come together as a team. The fights erupt several times daily, and are quite tiresome. Sometimes I wish that I was in another platoon, or could just go off on my own somewhere, anywhere, just to get away from the noise and arguing.

No comments: