Thursday, January 26, 2006

#65 - A few observations

Posted by Picasa I have a few minutes to write, as I am on fire guard duty in the barracks for the second time at BCT.

I found out my mailing address, and was able to give this information to my husband.

As of this writing, I'm in a horrible state of sleep deprivation. Last night I was mistakenly woken not once, but twice, for a fire guard shift. To compound my misery, unbeknownest to me, my locker door was sticking. I thought I had secured my locker, but I woke to the sound of a female Drill Sergeant gleefully tossing out all of the contents of my locker in the middle of the night. I groggily awoke and stuffed everything back inside. You know that will never happen again.

In BCT, it's generally best to blend in and not stand out. That will not be possible for me, as I was today named the platoon guide (PG) by the 1st platoon Drill Sergeants. *groan*

Many things are different this time around in BCT, but I've found that the experience still generally sucks. We are in newer barracks. We already got smoked several times by the DSs for minor infractions. There are a litany of items I can complain about, but I'll save my energy for another time. I can barely stay awake for this fire guard shift, so I need every ounce of it.

No comments: