Saturday, January 07, 2006

#43 - Early in the mornin'

I usually get up fairly early in the morning, but today I am awake far earlier than usual (2:30am). I am unfortunately in pain right now. This may seem very bizarre, but somehow my left foot was injured while I was sleeping. I'm not sure if one of our large dogs laid down upon it on the bed while it was at a weird angle, or what might have happened, but the pain was definately strong enough to wake me up... and prevent me from falling back to sleep. It reminds me of the last time I sprained my foot. Just my freakin' luck. I only have a week and 2 days before I ship to basic training and desperately need to work on my running. Hopefully this will pass quickly. I'm not sure what exactly would happen if you injured yourself before you had to leave?

To compound my misery, I'm in the midst of fighting off an illness of some variety. The phlegm I was coughing up on Thursday was likely a precursor to what came the next day, the usual bad cold/flu kind of symptoms. I went to bed last night trying to stave off a fever and its accompanying chills. Normally I take this kind of thing in stride, but all of this is just bad timing.

No comments: