Wednesday, January 11, 2006

#48 - The soldier's creed


One more item that must be memorized by those in basic training, the soldier's creed:

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

1 comment:

Patrick68W said...

Yeah. If you show up on ship-day and you're over body fat... you have to renegotiate. Sometimes I think your recruiter can talk them into a 24 hour period where you can leave, try and work it off, and then come back and hope you get someone else to measure you... but they didn't give me that option. I just had to set up a new contract (didn't have to re-do everything, just stuff pertaining to my job and bonuses) with a new MOS or the same MOS with a new shipdate.

Make sure you've got a nice margin in your bodyfat percentage... I hear they do stuff like this to a lot of people. If you've got a 1, 2 percent margin you're plenty good. messed-up measurements can only kill you for .5 to 1.0%, really. Unless maybe they're REALLY gunning for you. :P