Wednesday, January 04, 2006

#39 - MEPS again

I didn't think I'd have to make the journey to the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) again before I shipped for basic, but I was mistaken. Apparently there was a problem with the fingerprints I had given during my previous visit. So this makes the 3rd time I've had to visit the MEPS...ugh. My poor recruiter drove me... it was a 3 hour drive there, less than 5 minutes for the entire fingerprinting procedure, and then another 3 hour drive back home. Those interested in enlisting in the military may be happy to know that a computer system of fingerprinting is being employed (I don't know if this is at every MEPS nationwide). You simply press down or roll your fingers on a computer scanner... no more black ink staining your fingers!

1 comment:

Patrick68W said...

That's how it was at mine. I have a scar on one of my fingertips, too, so I had to rescan that finger several times. It's a lot better in most ways -- no dirty stains, quicker, etc.

But if you have finger abnormalities, it can be a hassle. Plus it felt kind of like I was stupid having a woman slide my fingers for me. :P