Tuesday, January 17, 2006

#55 - Bonus post

I didn't think I'd have internet access again before I left, but here I am... My husband just dropped me off at the hotel near the MEPS from which I will be shipping out from. It is about 4:40am, and I will shortly be boarding a bus along with other recruits as well as those who are still in the process of enlisting. There is a military liason at the hotel, and a pretty nice recruit lounge with a big screen TV, recliner chairs, and a computer with an internet connection. If only we were going to be so well-equipped at basic training...!

I wish I could say that this experience has started to feel "real", but it still hasn't yet! Very bizarre... I cried horribly when I had to say goodbye to my husband and pets. It's very difficult to leave, though I'm sure I will be kept busy enough in basic training that I won't have much time to mope.

Anyway, I'm off to the start of my Army adventure...!

1 comment:

proud fan said...

Bless u and thank you for your service!