Monday, January 16, 2006

#53 - Shipping tomorrow

...and I'm starting to get nervous. However, the fact that I'm leaving soon still doesn't feel real. Don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't.

I'm a little concerned that my left foot is still a bit sore. I can walk on it without any problems, but sometimes I feel the pain at random times during the day (not much though), and it hurts a little when I try to run, even for a few feet. I walked on the treadmill for several 35 or 40 minute sessions recently without any problems. I haven't run outside since my last session with my recruiter. This morning I am supposed to take my PT test. I guess this will be the real test. I hope my foot is ok. If it's not, I'm not sure what would happen. I suppose it could prevent me from shipping out tomorrow morning if I told the doctor at the MEPS about the pain. After all the preparation and planning, I would hate to have this postponed.

There have been a number of things keeping me occupied in the house. Imagine if you were leaving your house for the next 7 months, and what you might have to do to prepare for that absence. I've been a little overwhelmed by the many tasks I've had before me - everything from house cleaning to getting my personal affairs in order. Between doing this and trying to do PT every day, I've been pretty tired. I just wish I was prepared better physically for basic training.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Jennifer, Good Luck! I must admit I'm incredibly jealous. I'm being held up by MEPS for a medical waiver. I get a knot in my stomach when I think my military career may be over before it's even started. I look forward to reading your updates!