Tuesday, November 22, 2005

#4 - Spillin' the beans


I let two more people in on the secret yesterday - my supervisors at work. I figure they needed to know, since my absence will affect them directly. I didn't know how they would take the news, but it seemed to go over well. One of my bosses even said he was proud of me. I guess I had half-expected people to tell me I was crazy for joining, but so far, so good.

Telling other folks has somehow made the decision more real - like it may have only been an idea before, but now I have to act upon it. Of course, that's not really the case, as I was going to follow through with it... but it has a different feel now.

The dreams I have at night about the military are not in short supply. I've been having periodic dreams about being in BCT for a 2nd time ever since I chaptered out of basic the first time. Sometimes the dreams were waking up in the barracks and thinking, "Oh no! I'm here again!". Othertimes they were along the lines of "Ah, I'm here a second time and this should be easy now!". I'm hoping reality is more like the latter type of dream. I've been dreaming about basic for so long, though, that I fear I'm going to wake up there and not know if it's real or not. Kind of like the dreams some kids have where they think they're walking to the bathroom and using the toilet, until they wake up feeling warm and quite wet... ;>

No comments: