Thursday, November 17, 2005

#1 - Why this blog?


Why this blog?

Well, I guess the internet is perfect for this sort of thing.

See, I have a secret.

I'm joining the Army Reserve and no one knows about it.

Well, almost. My plans have been revealed only to my husband, my mother, and just one friend. That's it.

Who doesn't know? My father, my stepfather, my two brothers, my sister-in-law, my extended family, my co-workers, my neighbors, and most of my friends... even my best friends that I have known for 20+ years.

Why am I keeping this a secret?

I was in the Army many years ago. I received an administrative entry-level separation and was sent home before I finished basic training. That time, everybody knew about my plans. And everybody knew that somehow I screwed up when I was sent home. Some people didn't believe my version of what had happened and mistakenly thought I washed out because somehow it was too tough, or I couldn't make the grade.

This time, they won't know what I'm doing until it's over.

I'm really not that good at keeping secrets... especially from people that I care about.

However, to be honest, I'm terrified at the prospect of failure... and having everyone knowing of my failure.

Hence this web blog. Few (if any) of the people that I know and love will read this... at least not for a very long time. If you've stumbled upon this blog, odds are that you are a stranger.

Welcome to my journal. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my thoughts and ramblings... and to share in the things that I just can't share with those close to me...yet.

No comments: